TNG: PC - Szenen und Zitate

#1 von UFP , 31.08.2006 11:57

BEVERLY Sir, it's been brought to my attention one of the crew has been neglecting his health again.
PICARD How so?
BEVERLY It’s a classic case of stress related ailments brought about by overwork. Exhaustion, irritability... muscle spasms. Yet he insists on ignoring it.
PICARD It doesn't sound too serious.
BEVERLY And I plan on keeping it that way.
PICARD What is the treatment?
BEVERLY A week's shore leave.
PICARD Impossible.
BEVERLY Jean-Luc... I could make that an order.
PICARD But you won't... Beverly you know I loathe vacations.
BEVERLY You loathe going on vacation. Once you're there you have a marvellous time. You told me that your four days on Zytchin Three were wonderful.
PICARD I lied. Look, the Enterprise is scheduled to spend a week undergoing a maintenance overhaul at Starbase twelve. While there, I promise I’ll make full use of all available recreation activities.
BEVERLY Watching some technician fill deuterium tanks is not my idea of fun.
PICARD I suppose I could find a few hours to spend on the Holodeck.
BEVERLY Forget the Holodeck. Isn’t there someplace special you wanna go?
PICARD The Astrophysics Center on Icor Nine is holding a symposium on rogue star clusters. I had given serious thought to attending.
BEVERLY The last thing you need is serious thought. Why don’t you go some place beautiful? Where you can relax and be pampered. You deserve it.
PICARD I'll give it serious thought.
BEVERLY Captain...
PICARD Doctor... enough.
Captain's Holiday

BEVERLY I certainly hope so. I'd like to think that I could find a young, handsome man in his thirties when I pass the century mark.
[…]
(She exits to her quarters.)
PICARD (making a face) Thirties…
Sub Rosa

BEVERL For example right now, I find you, well, extremely...extremely... (stops) Of course we haven't time for that sort of thing...
PICARD What sort of thing?
BEVERLY (eyeing his body) Oh God would I love to show you.
PICARD Doctor, there must be a cure! Some formula, similar to the old one...
BEVERLY Dammit... dammit, dammit, my dear captain. You owe me something. You do realize that, don't you? I'm a woman; I haven't the comfort of a husband, a man...
PICARD Not now, Doctor, please...
Naked Now

BEVERLY No. I can't compete with a ghost from his past. No one could.
TROI She's not a ghost. She's here right now.
BEVERLY She may be in the here and now, but it's the ghost he sees.
We’ll always have Paris

BEVERLY Jean-Luc, there are some things... I want to say... just in case we don't get out of this...
High Ground

BEVERLY Out with it, Jean-Luc.
PICARD Out with what?
BEVERLY Whatever's been on your mind all evening long.
PICARD Has it been that apparent?
(Beverly nods. Picard smiles.)
PICARD You know me well, don't you?
BEVERLY After all this time, I ought to.
PICARD I have been preoccupied. I've been thinking about us... and the choices I've made.
BEVERLY We've both made choices...
PICARD And I've been wondering if they've been the right ones. (a beat) Sometimes I feel we've allowed our positions to isolate us...
BEVERLY (nods understanding) Our positions necessitate a degree of professional detachment...
PICARD But there's a danger in becoming too detached... in never allowing ourselves to get closer.
BEVERLY Is that what you want, Jean-Luc? To get closer?
PICARD You're a very attractive woman.
BEVERLY And you're a very attractive man. But we both know it's not as simple as that.
PICARD Would it be simpler if I weren't your commanding officer?
BEVERLY Simpler, perhaps, but... that's not the only issue. (beat) Right now, I guess, I'm comfortable with our relationship the way it is.
(Picard nods.)
PICARD Then I'll respect that.
(Beverly smilies.)
PICARD Would you care to dance?
BEVERLY I thought you don’t dance.
PICARD On special ocasions.
(They start dancing.)
PICARD I don't know if I've ever told you... but I'm glad you're back on the Enterprise. I missed our... friendship.
BEVERLY So did I...
(Picard kisses her.)
BEVERLY Jean-Luc, if I didn't know you better... I'd think you were playing games with me.
PICARD Are you sorry you came here tonight?
BEVERLY I didn't say that.
PICARD Good. Because I'm delighted you did. But perhaps we should call it a night.
Allegiance

BEVERLY For quite awhile now there's something I've been meaning to say to you. I may not get another chance. Jean-Luc, you and I --
Remember Me

BEVERLY I've finished the neurographic scan. I don't see anything that might cause hallucinations or a psychogenic reaction.
TROI Is there any indication of temporal displacement?
BEVERLY No. Usually a temporal shift would leave some kind of trypamine residue in the cerebral cortex. But the scan didn't find any. (lightly) Personally, I think you just enjoy waking everyone up in the middle of the night.
PICARD Actually, I just like running around the ship in my bare feet.
OGAWA The bio-spectral test results, Doctor.
BEVERLY (to Picard) Your blood gas analysis is consistent with someone who's been breathing the ship's air for weeks. If you'd been somewhere else, there would be some indication of a change in your oxygen isotope ratios.
(to Ogawa) Thanks, Alissa. (to De) Deanna... would you excuse us?
TROI Of course.
(Troi moves away.)
BEVERLY Jean-Luc... I scanned for any evidence of Irumodic Syndrome, as you suggested. There wasn't any. But I did detect a small structural defect in your parietal lobe.
PICARD A defect... that you haven’t noticed before?
BEVERLY It's the kind of thing that would only show up on a level four neurographic scan. (beat) It could leave you susceptible to several neurological disorders... including Irumodic Syndrome. Now, it's possible you could have that defect for the rest of your life without developing a problem... (beat) ... but even if you do... many people lead perfectly normal lives for a long time after the onset of Irumodic Syndrome.
PICARD (smiles wryly) If that’s so, then why do you look like you've just signed my death sentence?
BEVERLY Sorry. (beat) I guess... this has caught me off guard.
PICARD Well, let's not worry about it. (beat) Something tells me you're going to have to put up with me for a very long time.
BEVERLY It won't be easy, but I'll manage.
All good Things

PICARD What's this?
BEVERLY A prescription. A glass of warm milk and eight hours uninterrupted sleep.
PICARD Beverly...
BEVERLY Doctor's orders. You're exhausted. I don't know if you've slept in the past or the future... but I know you haven't slept in the present. (lightly) Get some rest, or I'll have you relieved and sedated.
PICARD (lightly) Yes, sir. They exchange a smile. Beverly puts her hand on his in a friendly gesture, but then leaves it there a beat longer then necessary, and gives it a little squeeze. She looks concerned. He looks up at her with a little bit of surprise. What's wrong? Beverly.
BEVERLY As a physician, it's often my job to give people unpleasant news ... to tell them that they need surgery or that they can't have children... (beat) Or that they might be facing a difficult illness...
PICARD You said yourself it's only a possibility.
BEVERLY But you've been to the future... you know it's going to happen.
PICARD I prefer to think of the future as something that is not written in stone. A lot of things can happen in twenty-five years.
(She looks at him for a moment, smiles... then leans over and kisses him on the lips. They pull apart after a beat. She looks into his eyes.)
BEVERLY A lot of things can happen.
All good Things

BEVERLY When I said, "Jack and I"... I could feel this sudden wave of... something. (beat, then surprised) I never knew you felt that way.
PICARD Didn't you?
BEVERLY I guess I always knew there was... an attraction between us, right from the start. But I had no idea how strongly you felt... (beat) Why didn't you ever tell me you were in love with me?
Attached

UFP

TNG: PC - Szenen und Zitate

#2 von UFP , 14.09.2006 14:27

PICARD Whatever else I have been to you... I am your friend. I cannot imagine what you are going through... but it must be a kind of hell. I want you to know... I am here... to help you... in any way I can.
The Host

UFP

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz